Sometimes getting enough water during the day can be quite challenging. I love water, but I am guilty of drinking more coffee and tea during the day and choosing those drinks over water. Even though I know water is best for me, I just can't seem to get enough caffeine! I am sure some busy moms out there can relate! Â Maybe you are like me and need some motivation and some encouragement along the way. Do you ever feel like you are drinking something else more than you drink water? If you feel like I do and need to add some more water to your day, try this challenge. Here are some tips to help commit to drinking what your body needs!
1. Buy a gallon jug of water. Use a marker to create goals for yourself during the day. For example, in the middle of the jug, make a line and make sure you get to that point halfway through your day. Write encouraging messages such as: Almost there! or You've got this!
2. Think of drinking water as a marathon, not a sprint. Don't chug a bunch of water at one time, continuously drink it all day long.
3. If you, like me, might forget because you get so busy during the day, set an alarm. Remind yourself to keep drinking all day long.
4. I admit water can get a little boring sometimes. Which is why I tend to choose coffee or tea as my drink. Those aren't nearly as nutritious as a glass of water. Try adding some fruit to your water. You may find it is easier to drink!
5. Find a cup you like and drink from it. I can drink so much more from a straw so I use a refillable cup everyday. If you buy a gallon jug, keep it in the fridge and refill your from it during the day.
While it's great to do it for one day, see how long you can continue to do it. Make it a habit. Your body will love you for it. Often times we don't even realize we are dehydrated until we properly hydrate our body. If you can continue to drink water all day for a long an extended period of time, you'll see changes. Your skin will be more fresh and glowing. You will naturally flush out toxins from your body and keep your kidneys working the way they are supposed to. Additionally, it is essential to drink water when you exercising. I know you are all working so hard completing the Healthy Body Guide and the extra challenges each week so keep drinking water! I am sure you have some of your own tips and tricks to hydrating your body properly and I would love for you to share them. Tag @hbgcommunity and use the hashtags #hbgblog and #hbggirls to help all of us continue to be healthy and strong!