Don't be fooled by it's tiny size, the chia seed packs some great nutrients for your body. Here's some quick facts:
1. Chia seeds are loaded with antioxidants.
2. Almost all the carbs in chia seeds are fiber.
3. Chia seeds are high in omega 3 fatty acids.
4. Chia seeds are high in calcium, magnesium, phosphorus and protein.
5. Chia seeds are easy to incorporate into your diet. They have a pretty bland taste so you can easily hide them in recipes.
If you have a recipe with chia seeds that you can share with our awesome community, please tag @hbgcommunity and use the hashtags #hbgblog and #hbgblog. I'd love to try some new recipes using these tiny seeds!